Back in the winter of 1965, Hans Gmoser founder of CMH, invented Heli-Skiing. In the Columbia Range just west of the Rockies, an immense paradise of deep powder snow is where he staked out an exclusive 3 million acre region across 11 unique areas.
At one-third the size of Switzerland, our available terrain is large enough to be its own sovereign state with a wealth of untapped virgin powder fields and a chief export of euphoric skiing experience.
And, at the forefront of snow safety practices and technology, our guides and pilots are world renowned for delivering our guests safely and efficiently to the best deep-powder runs of their lives.
Heli Skiing in Canada with CMH
CMH Heli-Skiing in Canada is the mecca of heli-skiing; famed for huge snowfalls of light, fluffy champagne powder and incredible ski terrain. CMH invented heli-skiing in 1965 in the Bugaboos in British Columbia and are the most experienced heli-ski operator on the planet.
CMH Heli-Skiing have access to huge amounts of exclusive terrain – almost 35% the size of Switzerland – and 12 different heli-ski areas. They also have countless heli-ski trips to suit every level of experience and a range of budgets.
- 51 years of experience and the inventor of Heli-Skiing
- The largest exclusive heli-skiing tenure on the planet 40% the size of Switzerland
- Trips to suit everyone: from powder first timers to seasoned heli-skiers / snowboarders
- Interior mountain range with light, dry ‘champagne powder’
- 12 unique mountain lodges offering luxury accommodation
- CMH invented heli-skiing and are widely acknowledged as setting the bar for safety and operational procedures
Unique Tree Skiing
- Abundant trees provide a glorious playground for exhilarating skiing, and good visibility on bad weather days